Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hi.  My Name is Dan Mock, and as you may have recently heard I am now the Business Development Director for AGRSS. First I want to say that this is a huge honor for me to take on this role.

I feel it is important for you to understand my background for you to understand my position on automotive glass replacement…

I cut my first piece of glass when I was twelve in my stepfather’s glass shop in Kalamazoo MI.  His shop was a full service glass shop (auto and flat) and an auto glass distributor for several manufacturers. His philosophy was if you have kids…work them.  So everyday after school and Saturdays were spent cleaning up, installing, building, and once I had my driver’s license, delivering windshields and tempered parts to other shops, and to the bus station for shipment (anybody remember shipping parts by bus?). Unfortunately my stepfather and I didn’t see eye to eye, and eventually (after a stint in the US Army) I pursued a career with another glass shop. In addition to being an auto glass technician I also served in an apprentice program to become a Journeyman Glazier.  In the early 80’s Michigan’s economy was once again in the dumps, and I had met my bride to be. We decided that once we were married we would move to Dallas TX to be part of that booming City. We tied the knot in Dearborn MI, and the very next day we moved to Dallas.

Fast forward to 2011.  Over these years I had the pleasure to have been part of several great companies…Harmon Glass, Harding Glass Industries, Binswanger Glass, and of course Glass Doctor. I know what you are thinking…all large companies. True, but each of them always allowed me to act as if the shop(s) were my own.  I installed, owned, started-up, project managed, managed, coached, and lead several fantastic teams of people over the years.

A little over three years ago I became involved with AGRSS. This really opened my eyes to the progress the AGRSS Board had made over the previous years and the plans they had developed for the future of the standard. It has been my pleasure to work with the Board of Directors, and to get to know this group of FANTASTIC volunteers.

Now that you know a little about me...It is your turn.  I truly want and need your feedback. I want to get to know you! Please contact me with your ideas on how we can make the AGRSS standard an asset for your company. How can I help you?  How can I influence the industry to make it better? Please email me, or call me and give me your thoughts.

I promise I'll keep you informed on what I am working on!

Thank you,

Daniel E. Mock
Business Development Director
AGRSS

254-304-0554 Office
254-498-8520 Cell

No comments:

Post a Comment